- June 29, 2021
- Posted by: ForexTradeOn
- Category: HYCM BROKER review
In some cases, you may want to close your FXCM account. This can happen because one or more of the following points:
- You’re not able to trade anymore
- You find that the FXCM broker is not suitable for you after some time trading.
- You don’t want to be charged with inactivity fees and have no intention to come back.
For these reasons and more, FXCM provides an option to delete your account permanently.
FXCM does apply an inactivity fee and it is $50 per year after one year of inactivity
- To delete your account properly you should firstly withdraw your money in the account.
FXCM various withdrawals which are:
- Credit/ Debit cards
- Bank transfers
Please note that FXCM withdrawals take from 1 to 2 business days and are free of charge for all options except for the bank transfers that have a $25 fee if the beneficiary account is located in the UK and a fee of $40 for international banks.
- The next step will be to contact the support team in order to delete your account permanently.
This is a sample of the email you can send to the FXCM support team in order to delete your account.
SUBJECT: Request To Delete My Account From Your Database
Dear FXCM Team,
I have an account in your database with the name …… and the email address that is linked to the account is ……….
Meanwhile, for some reasons, I have decided not to use the account again,
therefore I request that you kindly delete my account from your database and
also wipe all notifications if any.
Please note that the demo account is deleted automatically after a specific period of time, but you need to close your live account if you want to be not charged with any inactivity fees.